Spell it – What, How, When
Last few weeks were busy with Spell it to be released on to play store. This is a kind of Pre-Dev blog kind of stuff that should be coming along shortly. Let me briefly go through the phases of developing Spell it.
- Inspired by ‘patience’ mini game on Dumb Ways to die. Have been in my back of my mind to make a game with that mechanic.
- Change of vision of my company to ‘Enrich life through games’ inspired me to make this, since it might help people to spell (& learn) better.
- Name inspired by Cut-it, my currently working title (now on hold for testing).
- Logo was created inside my mind, later created in inkscape. Logo was designed before starting game design itself.
- Amazing Game engine LibGDX is used. Hope to convert to iOS soon. Was bit of headache, transitioning from AS3 coding to Java Coding.
Went through a lot of struggles with libGDX, game color designs and stuff. Will explore that more deeply in upcoming posts.